Monday, November 26, 2012

value


4 comments:

  1. I like this! I like the patterns on the wall, is that wallpaper? I don't have alot to say about this piece, I just wish it could be tightened up a bit more and that the darkest darks could be darker, which I know can be hard with a pencil. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sense a cool story behind this....I want to know more! I imagine a figure huddled in the corner. Haha! But yes, I agree with Sarah. Maybe you could even bring in some charcoal pencil if you can't get it darker. But I love the textures and composition and how you sorta fade the edges and bring it all to the center. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your textures, and your lighting is handled very nicely- I like the single lighting source. That in mind, it feels like it could be a bit more dramatic. Maybe it would be casting a more stark shadow into that far left corner? You might have a secondary light source bringing some definition into that alcove there, yes, but the lamp is still closer and could cast a sharper shadow for you, if you wanted to give it some more mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i looooooooooove the rough texture throughout the piece! the roughness works well with the mood you are creating in this space. it also fits well with what might be the abstient life of the dweller of this room. i love the simple, bareness interior design of the room. there aren't much in the space but it does not feel awkwardly empty. that's something that i always wish to be able to achieve! so, great job! I would push the lighting further to strengthen the piece. it will not only make the composition work better but also the solemn kinda mood. it is well done, becca! great job!

    ReplyDelete