this is so great! You have created a slice of a world and I just want to look around the rest of it. I wish this were a 360 view.
I like the level of detail you have in this picture. Because it is consistant I think it really works well and isn't too distracting. The only part I might change is the very top of the picture. I like the detail but it's leading me off and I'm getting trapped there just looking at it. I think if you grayed it out and made the values all similar in that corner you wouldn't have this problem.
I like that you did this with the inside of the arch/door opening part. Do that same thing to the top of the picture. The door's perspective looks a little off but it doesn't bother me that much.
I love those characters. I want to know who they are!
Ahhh Hana I love this! You grouped your values so well, and there's so much detail that I don't want to stop looking at it. I like that you have that guy sticking out of the picture frame a little - it gives it a lot of dimension. Even though the perspective isn't like 100% perfectly accurate, I like the way you did it. It makes everything feel just a little bit skewed and edgy, kinda like your characters. The only thing I can think to say is that I want to see this with color so bad! Once again, I am jealous of your work :) Great job!
Hana! This is amazing! I love the amount of detail you put into this, and yet at the same time you were able to make it so it isn't overwhelming. I always love your characters, and these are great. I', trying to find some critique to give to you, but I can't really find anything to say. Great work!
You handled this environment very well. There is a good sense of decoration throughout it, and even a small sense of history. What I recommend you could do is evoke a sense of story. All I am seeing right now is a few interesting looking guys, standing outside an interesting place. Maybe they are "pan handlers" maybe they are just people taking a break with some dog. I would recommend having the figures interacting with the environment to assist in this story development, maybe having the dog dancing to the music the two guys are playing while the store owner is looking at them in an irritated way, there could even be a crowd there watching them perform.
Hana, I love love love your crazy insane attention to detail. These are the kind of pieces that I could just stare at forever to try and find all the little funny thing you tucked away inside them. Your shadows feel very believable, and there's a good sense of depth- a place where your eye can travel to. I can't really think of anything you're doing wrong here. So... good job! As always haha :)
What a fun piece! So much detail. For the most part I really like the detail you have going on, but the amount of detail at the top is kind of pulling me out of the composition. I like your characters, but it seems to me that they're way too big for that doorway--was that intentional? Anyway, great piece overall, good job!
Hana. I just showed this to my little sister! she likes it as well.
This piece is imaginative and wonderful; the perspective is a treat to look at! it is constructed well, yet the way you treated your lines keeps it playful.
The texture on the ground is a little off; the direction of the lines is a little distracting. a possible solution: pick a direction for the lines to go and only change it as the perspective would dictate. or, just make the road a lighter value and a colder color.
Hana!
ReplyDeletethis is so great! You have created a slice of a world and I just want to look around the rest of it. I wish this were a 360 view.
I like the level of detail you have in this picture. Because it is consistant I think it really works well and isn't too distracting. The only part I might change is the very top of the picture. I like the detail but it's leading me off and I'm getting trapped there just looking at it. I think if you grayed it out and made the values all similar in that corner you wouldn't have this problem.
I like that you did this with the inside of the arch/door opening part. Do that same thing to the top of the picture. The door's perspective looks a little off but it doesn't bother me that much.
I love those characters. I want to know who they are!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAhhh Hana I love this! You grouped your values so well, and there's so much detail that I don't want to stop looking at it. I like that you have that guy sticking out of the picture frame a little - it gives it a lot of dimension. Even though the perspective isn't like 100% perfectly accurate, I like the way you did it. It makes everything feel just a little bit skewed and edgy, kinda like your characters. The only thing I can think to say is that I want to see this with color so bad! Once again, I am jealous of your work :) Great job!
ReplyDeleteHana! This is amazing! I love the amount of detail you put into this, and yet at the same time you were able to make it so it isn't overwhelming. I always love your characters, and these are great. I', trying to find some critique to give to you, but I can't really find anything to say. Great work!
ReplyDeleteYou handled this environment very well. There is a good sense of decoration throughout it, and even a small sense of history. What I recommend you could do is evoke a sense of story. All I am seeing right now is a few interesting looking guys, standing outside an interesting place.
ReplyDeleteMaybe they are "pan handlers" maybe they are just people taking a break with some dog. I would recommend having the figures interacting with the environment to assist in this story development, maybe having the dog dancing to the music the two guys are playing while the store owner is looking at them in an irritated way, there could even be a crowd there watching them perform.
Hana, I love love love your crazy insane attention to detail. These are the kind of pieces that I could just stare at forever to try and find all the little funny thing you tucked away inside them.
ReplyDeleteYour shadows feel very believable, and there's a good sense of depth- a place where your eye can travel to.
I can't really think of anything you're doing wrong here. So... good job! As always haha :)
What a fun piece! So much detail. For the most part I really like the detail you have going on, but the amount of detail at the top is kind of pulling me out of the composition. I like your characters, but it seems to me that they're way too big for that doorway--was that intentional? Anyway, great piece overall, good job!
ReplyDeleteHana. I just showed this to my little sister! she likes it as well.
ReplyDeleteThis piece is imaginative and wonderful; the perspective is a treat to look at! it is constructed well, yet the way you treated your lines keeps it playful.
The texture on the ground is a little off; the direction of the lines is a little distracting. a possible solution: pick a direction for the lines to go and only change it as the perspective would dictate. or, just make the road a lighter value and a colder color.
Also, thanks for being awesome.
ReplyDeletethanks everybody! these are very gooooooood critiques!! xD
ReplyDelete