I love the shape of everything, and how you've made it feel so claustrophobic with the -stuff- creeping up around the foreground but still managed to catch the scope of how immense the space is. You might want to try pushing your dark values darker, especially as the tunnel goes back into the distance and in any nooks and corners you have, if you want to push that junk heap, dingy feel...
I am enjoying the idea behind this one a lot, something about an abandoned tunnel has strong appeal for me. I feel you solved a lot of drawing problems for this assignment, but I feel you could have worked out the values a little more. This piece is on the cusp of looking like a professional piece, or even portfolio worthy, I would continue to work on this in the future. All in all though, it is a beatiful design.
Very good feeling of depth and going back into space, interesting point of view, good rendering of the archways :) I can't wait to see this one colored!
One of the only things I would point out is the lack of straight lines in the treasure/rubbish piles. I'm sure you'll tighten it up in the actual final, but for right now, I feel like everything is too soft: like I'm looking at piles of drier lint. It looks fluffy. I agree with the other comments on pushing the values, but I would only push the dark sides. I think you're as light as you'll want to get without losing the creepy tunnel feel. Overall, good job!
I like the shape dynamics you are creating. The feel of following the tunnel back into the distance is working well. I might work on making it flow all the way back. I like how you have framed the middle of the composition with the darker values on the sides and the lighter values in the background. I think it will look awesome when you finish rendering all of the details on the stuff in the middle!
This instantly drew my attention, I especially love all the stuff clinging to the ceiling and the repeating archways that lead you back into space. I really like the crisp lines of the items in the foreground, and I think it gets too soft too soon as you go back. Maybe thats what you meant by not having finished the details yet. Just tightening that up a bit would make this piece really great. Good job!
Emily this is super awesome! I love the creepy-awesomeness of this environment. Your details really hold the piece together and sell the piece. I think it could be stronger if you pushed the foreground shapes a little darker.
This is a neat environment. I like the design and the interesting details. The drawing is really nice. The slime on the ceiling in the foreground is really distracting for me though, because it contrasts so much with the walls and ceiling.
Beautiful detail! You definitely spent some time on this! It looks great! I would say to pick whether things get darker as you go bak or light -- right now it seems a little ambiguous. Make it more clear where the light is coming from. All the piles of treasure and other shapes could create some awesome silhouette shapes and things if light was hitting them just right. The lighting could also help with mood -- make it scarier if need be. Maybe some crazy diagonal shafts coming from the top somewhere. Really though, AMAZING! Very nice!
I love the shape of everything, and how you've made it feel so claustrophobic with the -stuff- creeping up around the foreground but still managed to catch the scope of how immense the space is. You might want to try pushing your dark values darker, especially as the tunnel goes back into the distance and in any nooks and corners you have, if you want to push that junk heap, dingy feel...
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying the idea behind this one a lot, something about an abandoned tunnel has strong appeal for me. I feel you solved a lot of drawing problems for this assignment, but I feel you could have worked out the values a little more. This piece is on the cusp of looking like a professional piece, or even portfolio worthy, I would continue to work on this in the future. All in all though, it is a beatiful design.
ReplyDeleteVery good feeling of depth and going back into space, interesting point of view, good rendering of the archways :) I can't wait to see this one colored!
ReplyDeleteOne of the only things I would point out is the lack of straight lines in the treasure/rubbish piles. I'm sure you'll tighten it up in the actual final, but for right now, I feel like everything is too soft: like I'm looking at piles of drier lint. It looks fluffy. I agree with the other comments on pushing the values, but I would only push the dark sides. I think you're as light as you'll want to get without losing the creepy tunnel feel. Overall, good job!
I like the shape dynamics you are creating. The feel of following the tunnel back into the distance is working well. I might work on making it flow all the way back. I like how you have framed the middle of the composition with the darker values on the sides and the lighter values in the background. I think it will look awesome when you finish rendering all of the details on the stuff in the middle!
ReplyDeleteThis instantly drew my attention, I especially love all the stuff clinging to the ceiling and the repeating archways that lead you back into space. I really like the crisp lines of the items in the foreground, and I think it gets too soft too soon as you go back. Maybe thats what you meant by not having finished the details yet. Just tightening that up a bit would make this piece really great. Good job!
ReplyDeleteEmily this is super awesome! I love the creepy-awesomeness of this environment. Your details really hold the piece together and sell the piece. I think it could be stronger if you pushed the foreground shapes a little darker.
ReplyDeleteThis is a neat environment. I like the design and the interesting details. The drawing is really nice. The slime on the ceiling in the foreground is really distracting for me though, because it contrasts so much with the walls and ceiling.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful detail! You definitely spent some time on this! It looks great! I would say to pick whether things get darker as you go bak or light -- right now it seems a little ambiguous. Make it more clear where the light is coming from. All the piles of treasure and other shapes could create some awesome silhouette shapes and things if light was hitting them just right. The lighting could also help with mood -- make it scarier if need be. Maybe some crazy diagonal shafts coming from the top somewhere. Really though, AMAZING! Very nice!
ReplyDelete