Friday, November 16, 2012

Kim's Value Assignment: Digital!


6 comments:

  1. haha! KIM! i don't even know what this is but i am loving it! the piece sucks me right into it. i think it is because the lighting is just great in this. you have achieved both the lightest light and the darkest dark in here out of all posts that i've seen - it adds very good visual impact to the viewer. just to achieve the purpose of this assignment (environment in value), i feel you do need a bit more perspective in this piece to add depth/space in this illustration. it is a bit shallow to achieve the goal of this assignment from my opinion but anybody can object to it. if it were not for this assignment, i don't think i'd even have any critique to give you. i just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the contrast of the piece is its strongest point. And you've got some nice brush work in there too (digital brushes are a pain to get organic looking strokes with). A few of the forms are looking mushy (the mop and the moon) and it might benefit you to eliminate some tangents on the left edge of the image. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the idea of this, it's just great! I love how the horse-tent-thing glows, it really feels as if it's being lit from inside. The only thing that is confusing me right now is the dresser on the left side, it's kind of at a weird perspective and placed a little oddly against the wall. But anyway, I love this! Good work, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not even sure what this is, haha. You have some really great contrasts going for you. Is the light coming from inside that tentish thingy? If so, I kind of feel like there should be one point where the light is more concentrated, and that there would be a bit more light on that wall behind it. I also kind of want to step back just a bit to see more of the surroundings. Fun piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good focus point! Nailed that. It looks like some fun story is behind this piece...just dunno what it is! I think if there was a bit more clarity it might make the piece stronger. Just some hints would be nice. Fine tune this and it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lighting scheme of this, but it feels like the light coming from the fort could be affecting the surroundings a little more, and giving us a little more information on where the scene is. Is it a bedroom? What is that in the background to the left? In the foreground to the right, is that an object or just loose brush-strokes?
    Another thing you could establish is, I think that's a fort, but I'm not entirely sure. I would be absolutely sure if, for instance, I saw some toys trailing out of it, or a little kid's shadow or their foot and blanket as if they were laying down sleeping in it, perhaps...

    ReplyDelete