This looks exactly like a front desk reception area that has just been left.
I like the textures that you have put in here, the fur and wood and plants and bamboo What are all of those books? Why are they there? I think you should put more stuff that might be at a reception desk back there.
I like the props. I keep puzzling over the animal skin on the floor, trying to piece it back together and figure out what it would have looked like. I wonder, though, if its a hut and you're about to take off on a 'Monster Safari', would it feel this pristine? Maybe it could be funny to have it just a little beaten up, the corners of the desk scuffed or gouged for effect, or throw a gun locker and a Bowie knife display in there with the books and certificates.
This is great! I love the unicorn-bunny on the wall. I really like the values in this. You have your darkest darks and lightest lights, but they aren't overbearing. I also love the little subtle textures you were able to get in some place. The only thing I would say is that the reception desk has nothing on it. I think adding a little bell or some pamphlets would add to it. Great job! I love the idea
Very nice! Awesome concept, cute details. I think you do such a good job on the little objects and details that it would be fun to see more safariesque details like Alicia said. You did a very good job giving it a front desk feel. Maybe it just needs even a little more safari feel.
I love this Brooke! I think the values are working really well and I love all your awesome monster safari details. The only thing I might change is to add more weight to the left side of the frame. It seems like both your monster heads are pointing the viewer out of the picture on that side. You are probably putting your figure on that side in which case, never mind. Nice work!
I would like to see maybe a more believable value on the top of the desk! Where is your lighting source? from the window? the ceiling? I think once you've identified that you can really nail the value on the desk.
I love the environment-- it is begging for a kooky tour guide.
Brookie I like this!
ReplyDeleteThis looks exactly like a front desk reception area that has just been left.
I like the textures that you have put in here, the fur and wood and plants and bamboo What are all of those books? Why are they there? I think you should put more stuff that might be at a reception desk back there.
I like the props. I keep puzzling over the animal skin on the floor, trying to piece it back together and figure out what it would have looked like.
ReplyDeleteI wonder, though, if its a hut and you're about to take off on a 'Monster Safari', would it feel this pristine? Maybe it could be funny to have it just a little beaten up, the corners of the desk scuffed or gouged for effect, or throw a gun locker and a Bowie knife display in there with the books and certificates.
This is great! I love the unicorn-bunny on the wall. I really like the values in this. You have your darkest darks and lightest lights, but they aren't overbearing. I also love the little subtle textures you were able to get in some place. The only thing I would say is that the reception desk has nothing on it. I think adding a little bell or some pamphlets would add to it. Great job! I love the idea
ReplyDeleteVery nice! Awesome concept, cute details. I think you do such a good job on the little objects and details that it would be fun to see more safariesque details like Alicia said. You did a very good job giving it a front desk feel. Maybe it just needs even a little more safari feel.
ReplyDeleteI love this Brooke! I think the values are working really well and I love all your awesome monster safari details. The only thing I might change is to add more weight to the left side of the frame. It seems like both your monster heads are pointing the viewer out of the picture on that side. You are probably putting your figure on that side in which case, never mind. Nice work!
ReplyDeleteBrooke:
ReplyDeleteI would like to see maybe a more believable value on the top of the desk! Where is your lighting source? from the window? the ceiling? I think once you've identified that you can really nail the value on the desk.
I love the environment-- it is begging for a kooky tour guide.
Thanks for the feedback to one and all!
ReplyDelete