Alyssa! this is great! the piece sucks the viewers right into the composition into the depth of the space. i feel that it would enrich the piece if you add more variety of textures on different sufaces (trees, water, rocks, moss, etc.) you have a very good application of arial perspective on this. it seems you understand the principle very well. it shows here. you have distinct zones of the distance and lighting to help create the mood of this swampy place. good job!
This is pretty cool! i like the eye trip you take us on. The foreground trees are really nice and flat. This looks like concept art. Is that the direction you are going for?
I think you could push the detail a bit more. I like what you have now but I think the light and dark patterns and texture could be pushed just slightly more.
Beautiful composition Alyssa! Those trees frame it so nicely without it looking too symmetrical. You grouped your values really well too. I almost want to see this turn into something kindof narrative, like maybe if you put something off in the distance where that gorgeous sunbeam is shining down. That's just an opinion though; as an environment this is beautiful on it's own. This might make a cool paper cut-out; you're so good at those!
I really like the shape of the composition, and you make good use of atmospheric perspective to fade everything back and give it that misty, swampy feel. I think the biggest thing that's bothering me, though. is the lack of a clear focal point. Everything flows about so nicely and I almost want to settle on that big rock in the mid-ground, but not quite.
I like the swampy swamp. I also am digging the design of the trees. The rocks could use some work though, I'd suggest reference for those. I feel this environment was well structured, in that one could "explore it". I would keep working on it though, this piece has great potential!
Cool drawing! I like how the eye moves up through the piece, the composition kind of leads you to look at the sort of bridge-thing in the sunlight. I like the mossy stuff at the tops of the trees. I don't know a whole lot about swamps, but I kind of feel like there should be some mossy stuff going on at the bottom of the trees too, or of maybe some sort of stripes at the bottom where the water level as been, if that makes sense. (wait look I found a picture: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GwemGFiVwbE/TmAsKEW1D9I/AAAAAAAAADM/DpzgUVBe2cw/s1600/cypress+swamp+trees+3.jpg) I think that would add more to the swampiness of the swamp. I really like this!
Alyssa you totally rocked this, nice work! I don't think I would really change anything your shapes are interesting and create nice eye movement and I think the values are working as well. You are awesome!
Alyssa! this is great! the piece sucks the viewers right into the composition into the depth of the space. i feel that it would enrich the piece if you add more variety of textures on different sufaces (trees, water, rocks, moss, etc.) you have a very good application of arial perspective on this. it seems you understand the principle very well. it shows here. you have distinct zones of the distance and lighting to help create the mood of this swampy place. good job!
ReplyDeleteThis is pretty cool! i like the eye trip you take us on. The foreground trees are really nice and flat. This looks like concept art. Is that the direction you are going for?
ReplyDeleteI think you could push the detail a bit more. I like what you have now but I think the light and dark patterns and texture could be pushed just slightly more.
Beautiful composition Alyssa! Those trees frame it so nicely without it looking too symmetrical. You grouped your values really well too. I almost want to see this turn into something kindof narrative, like maybe if you put something off in the distance where that gorgeous sunbeam is shining down. That's just an opinion though; as an environment this is beautiful on it's own. This might make a cool paper cut-out; you're so good at those!
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
I really like the shape of the composition, and you make good use of atmospheric perspective to fade everything back and give it that misty, swampy feel. I think the biggest thing that's bothering me, though. is the lack of a clear focal point. Everything flows about so nicely and I almost want to settle on that big rock in the mid-ground, but not quite.
ReplyDeleteI like the swampy swamp. I also am digging the design of the trees. The rocks could use some work though, I'd suggest reference for those. I feel this environment was well structured, in that one could "explore it". I would keep working on it though, this piece has great potential!
ReplyDeleteCool drawing! I like how the eye moves up through the piece, the composition kind of leads you to look at the sort of bridge-thing in the sunlight. I like the mossy stuff at the tops of the trees. I don't know a whole lot about swamps, but I kind of feel like there should be some mossy stuff going on at the bottom of the trees too, or of maybe some sort of stripes at the bottom where the water level as been, if that makes sense. (wait look I found a picture: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GwemGFiVwbE/TmAsKEW1D9I/AAAAAAAAADM/DpzgUVBe2cw/s1600/cypress+swamp+trees+3.jpg) I think that would add more to the swampiness of the swamp. I really like this!
ReplyDeleteAlyssa you totally rocked this, nice work! I don't think I would really change anything your shapes are interesting and create nice eye movement and I think the values are working as well. You are awesome!
ReplyDelete