This is pretty dang cool. I want to live in this tree house. it even has a place for coloring.
I like the foreground elements, they make me feel that I am inside the tree house. I think you should vignette the right side of the painting for less confusion. Right now that wall is drawing too much interest. Maybe you could make the whole wall darker.
Good job with these Alyssa! That tree house; I want to go to there. It would make an awesome studio!
I think you balanced your shapes really well; that's hard to do. Something to think about is maybe you could have more of a value separation between the two walls and the floor? It kinda looks like that circle behind the tree is the window (maybe you could raise the value of it to give the piece a little more contrast; right now it seems a little dark). If it is the window, then I think the wall would be darker, and the floor would be a little lighter, since the floor receives more light than the wall would. Ugh, I hope that makes sense, and if not, ignore me. Basically, it's awesome, and I like the colors for your bottom painting too. Great drawring!
I adore the kid's drawings on the walls, just so you know, and the textures on the wall- and floor-boards are great. I really like how you have all the glowy light everywhere, peeking through the door in the floor and all the holes in the wall. I wonder if you might want to add a bit more glow to the window as well, then, as it is the biggest light source, or maybe have it cast some stronger light on the desk. The strong glow through all the other holes suggests that it's really bright outside, and then the light through the window seems really subdued.
What a fun design!! I love all the details like the books, drawings, and leaves that give this place its character. I agree with miranda that the circle behind the tree looks like it is a window. If it is, you could show that it is more of a light source. The only other part that was a little confusing was when I first looked at it, the tree looked like it met the floor boards and it didn't seem like there was an opening for the stairs.
Other than that, this piece is really awesome! I love it.
Cute tree house! I want to play in it! I'm drawn to the pictures on the wall at first, What would you like your focus of interest to be? The circle behind the tree looks like a window to me, so maybe that is what you were going for. I agree with Alyssa on the stairs, I would work them out a little bit more so that they make sense and maybe show up a little more. It looks good!
I really like the stylization of the objects in this piece, especially the drawings and the wood texture. Incorporating the tree into the house design like that is a really neat idea. I think that the places where the outside light it shining into the room could be brighter. Unless there is a light inside the house, I feel like the walls should be a bit darker.
I like it, I think the composition is pretty good and the values are really well balanced overall. I think the light on the tree from underneath could be a little darker, since I don't think there's a light shining directly up. Also, at first I was a little confused about the circle behind the tree, if it's a hole or something else hanging up. Maybe just the tiniest design is really fun!
Alyssa,
ReplyDeleteThis is pretty dang cool. I want to live in this tree house. it even has a place for coloring.
I like the foreground elements, they make me feel that I am inside the tree house. I think you should vignette the right side of the painting for less confusion. Right now that wall is drawing too much interest. Maybe you could make the whole wall darker.
Good job with these Alyssa! That tree house; I want to go to there. It would make an awesome studio!
ReplyDeleteI think you balanced your shapes really well; that's hard to do. Something to think about is maybe you could have more of a value separation between the two walls and the floor? It kinda looks like that circle behind the tree is the window (maybe you could raise the value of it to give the piece a little more contrast; right now it seems a little dark). If it is the window, then I think the wall would be darker, and the floor would be a little lighter, since the floor receives more light than the wall would. Ugh, I hope that makes sense, and if not, ignore me. Basically, it's awesome, and I like the colors for your bottom painting too. Great drawring!
I adore the kid's drawings on the walls, just so you know, and the textures on the wall- and floor-boards are great.
ReplyDeleteI really like how you have all the glowy light everywhere, peeking through the door in the floor and all the holes in the wall. I wonder if you might want to add a bit more glow to the window as well, then, as it is the biggest light source, or maybe have it cast some stronger light on the desk. The strong glow through all the other holes suggests that it's really bright outside, and then the light through the window seems really subdued.
What a fun design!! I love all the details like the books, drawings, and leaves that give this place its character. I agree with miranda that the circle behind the tree looks like it is a window. If it is, you could show that it is more of a light source. The only other part that was a little confusing was when I first looked at it, the tree looked like it met the floor boards and it didn't seem like there was an opening for the stairs.
ReplyDeleteOther than that, this piece is really awesome! I love it.
Cute tree house! I want to play in it! I'm drawn to the pictures on the wall at first, What would you like your focus of interest to be? The circle behind the tree looks like a window to me, so maybe that is what you were going for. I agree with Alyssa on the stairs, I would work them out a little bit more so that they make sense and maybe show up a little more. It looks good!
ReplyDeleteI really like the stylization of the objects in this piece, especially the drawings and the wood texture. Incorporating the tree into the house design like that is a really neat idea. I think that the places where the outside light it shining into the room could be brighter. Unless there is a light inside the house, I feel like the walls should be a bit darker.
ReplyDeleteI like it, I think the composition is pretty good and the values are really well balanced overall. I think the light on the tree from underneath could be a little darker, since I don't think there's a light shining directly up. Also, at first I was a little confused about the circle behind the tree, if it's a hole or something else hanging up. Maybe just the tiniest design is really fun!
ReplyDeleteThank you guys for the critiques! They're super helpful. I'll work on fixing up the problems and post a newer version later :)
ReplyDelete